If you want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
Five Reasons Why Personal Development is a Challenge
Two Keys to Sharpen the Mind by Reading
- In my car driving to the airport.
- Walking to security and to my gate.
- Walking around before I board since I prefer NOT to sit down but to a MOVE action item.
- If I rent a car, I’ll choose something audio to learn rather than getting lost in sports or talk radio, which is SO easy for me to do.
- Many road warriors have a territory and do a ton of driving. They often drive between to cities (I often fly into Cincinnati, then drive to Columbus, then to Cleveland). This is a perfect time to knock out an entire audiobook. This type of road warrior can seriously leverage their windshield time with a mobile classroom.
- Standing in line is a short but great opportunity to catch a few paragraphs. I’ve knocked out chapters of a book just waiting. I have the Kindle app and sometimes will choose certain books JUST for such times. I can quickly pull up the book on an app and be reading in seconds. Note: this also dramatically helps my impatience during these times when I sadly analyze the inefficiency that is causing the wait!