The Elite Road Warrior podcast is brought to you by the book, Beyond Travel by Marcey Rader. An absolute must read for a business traveler from my mentor and now friend.
Welcome to the Elite Road Warrior Podcast Episode 045 show notes! This week we talk about the PERFORM energy habit, and the 7 things to do on every flight.
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
2:55 – Create Your Flight Plan
3:45 – The Four Arguments Going on With Business Travelers
The company time and no matter what time you’re on a flight.
The company’s time during normal business hours (and is there such a thing on the road?).
The company and your time as long as you get your work done.
YOUR time and only your time unless you choose to use YOUR time for work.
4:30 – The Three Elements of the ERW Flight Plan
What you’re going to do
The order you’re going to do it
6:10 – PROMO Break
9:00 – Critical Question: Where Do I Want This Time to Take Me in the End?
9:45 – Here are Seven Things I Do On Every Flight
9:56 – 1) Read/ListenPrioritize the important, not the urgent first. #PERFORM #EliteRoadWarrior Click To Tweet
- Challenge – If you’ve not read the ERW book, get it, and dedicate this boarding to 10K time to read the book.
11:54 – 2) Drink Water
- Challenge – Drink about 8 ounces of water for every hour you’re in the air, twice as much on a plane when you’re flying.
14:09 – 3) Think Space
- Challenge – make just 5 minutes to do nothing but think on your next flight and write it down. (Preferably in the ERW branded journal :))
17:35 – 4) Stand and Stretch
- Challenge – commit and take just one stand and stretch break during your next flight
18:52 – 5) Work
- Challenge – check out the book by Cal Newport, Deep Work.
20:15 – 6) Walk
- Challenge – commit and take at least one stroll down the aisle during your next flight
21:50 – 7) Meditate
- Challenge – take just one minute to try and meditate once your flight begins to ascend to become mindful of what’s next after the flight
23:39 – 3 Honorable Mentions
23:44 – 1) Watch Something
24:28 – 2) Talk to Your Neighbor
25:05 – 3) Develop
25:58 – Let’s Land This Plane
Links and Resources: